Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Calculating values from multiplesheets with multiple criteria

Let's see if we can work on this piece by piece. I've answered one question.
Let's get that to work before moving on.

"I have no idea" wrote:

I'm sure this is simple nut I have no idea!
(Apologies for incorrect terminoligies)

*Background*
My workbook two worksheets of data.
I want to sum up the values of a range of cells, within a coloum, from both
of these worksheets into a new sheet and the values are based on more than
one criteria.

The info i wanted sumed is in $ format, the criteria in both worksheets are
the same and each worksheet will have a new row added almost daily.

*Example*
Problem 1-
On both worksheets:
Coloum I has a drop down list with two choices "Op" and "Inv"
Coloum J has a drop down list with choices as well "24501", "23120" and
"21005"
Coloum K has a dropdown list with choices as well "BucketOne", "BucketTwo"
and so on.
Coloum L has the value in $ format entered manually.

Question-
How do I sum up in a different sheet all of the values based on "Op" "23120"
"BucketTwo" from both worksheets?

Let's assume your data is in Rows 2-20 in column I, J, K and L.

For one sheet try this
=SUMPRODUCT(--(I2:I20="Op"),--(J2:J20 = "23120"),--(K2:K20="BucketTwo"))

I'm not sure if your values in J are numeric or text. In this example I've
assumed text. If they are numeric, change to (J2:J20 = 23120) without the --
before it.

Question-
How do I then seperate that info by the date I choose from say Coloum Z?

Question-
How do I E-mail the person identified in Coloum A that info automatically
when the date in Coloum Z comes around?

Summary
I am the most basic of excel user,so "dumbing down" an answer that even half
solves my problem would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanx