Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default HOW DO YOU TYPE - OR + IN EXCEL WITHOUT CREATING A FORMULA?

Hello, Marcelo!
You wrote on Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:03:02 -0700:

M format the cell as text or type " ' " (no quotes) before the
M + or - etc.

M hth
M --
M regards from Brazil
M Thanks in advance for your feedback.
M Marcelo

M "jools" escreveu:

?? How do you type +, - etc in a cell without Excel
?? automatically assuming that you want to create a formula?

The advice to use ....'.... is obviously correct but when does
the problem arise? I was interested enough to see what happens
so I typed

I just want see + or -

into a general cell in a new worksheet. What I typed is what I
got so I wonder if the problem is not with embedded operators
but perhaps those at the beginning.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: