Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Export chart to GIF no longer works after installing Excel 200

In article ,
says...
Tushar, thank you for your response.
If the GIF filter was somehow removed by the install of Excel 2007b2, do you
think reinstalling Excel 2000 would be a reasonable fix?

I don't know if reinstalling XL2000 will cure that problem w/o introducing
other problems. In my case, I tend to install beta products on a separate
machine altogether or at least in a separate instance of Virtual PC.

In general, when installing multiple versions of a product, I tend to
install oldest first. But, all bets are off when it comes to a beta
version.

BTW - I believe you helped me with a charting issue many years ago and I'd
just like to thank you for taking the time to help me and the Excel community.

You are welcome.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Tushar, thank you for your response.
If the GIF filter was somehow removed by the install of Excel 2007b2, do you
think reinstalling Excel 2000 would be a reasonable fix?

BTW - I believe you helped me with a charting issue many years ago and I'd
just like to thank you for taking the time to help me and the Excel community.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

In article ,
says...
I've used the following Visual Basic code in Excel 2000 to export a chart to
GIF. However, after installing Excel 2007b2 I now get errors (method of
export failed) when using the same old code in Excel 2000 and cannot export.
Does anybody know if something has changed?

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate
ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\mychart.gif", filtername:="gif"

Maybe, installing 2007 Beta2 removed the filter needed to export as a GIF?