Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TaiwanSwede TaiwanSwede is offline

Default goal seek minimize function

Seems that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot Dana.

"Dana DeLouis" wrote:

I would like to use the goal seek function to minimize the value in a
certain cell (total cost)

Hi. It sounds like Excel's "Solver" would be a better tool. It's an
Add-Inn, so first enable it via Tools Add-Ins.. Solver.
Then run it with Tools Solver...
Hope this helps. Post back if you have any questions on Solver. :)

--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & Office 2003

"TaiwanSwede" wrote in message
I would like to optimize shipment sizes by taking both shipment and storage
costs into account.

I would like to use the goal seek function to minimize the value in a
certain cell (total cost) by changing another the value in another cell
(shipment size).

However, I have found that the goal seek function is set up in such a way
so
that the value in the goal seek cell is set to a certain value and that
there
is no way to minimize that value. Did I miss anything? Or I should just
set
value to zero to minimize it.