Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I insert alternating blank rows in a list of data?

You can do it without a macro.

Here is a suggestion from Bill Kuunders.

Use a new column
put in the top part of that column a number series 1 3 5 7 9 etc till all
lines with existing data have a number
and in the bottom part of that column 2 4 6 8 etc
then select the whole range and sort by this new column
delete the column after.
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill Kuunders

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:38:02 -0700, curiouscat
wrote:

Hi Don,

I am not sure where do I insert the below...is there a simple function that
I can write up...if not....how do I copy and paste this.

Thank you!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

From a post of mine very recently
Sub addrows()
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(i).Insert
Next

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software