Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default cross validation

There's a sample file here with cross validation:

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0042 - Limit Data Validation
Selection' or 'DV0037 - Dependent Lists Country City'

BorisS wrote:
I have two lists, one of color names, the other of color numbers. I need two
cells, each of which has one of these values, to cross reference themselves,
to only allow a matching color-number combination, and the cells need to be
dropdowns. I am guessing I need to do this with validation, but don't know
how to code the validation lists.

In other words, if a user selects from the color dropdown, the color number
dropdown needs become limited to only the matching number. If the user
selects the number, then the color name dropdown needs to limit to only the
color name. There is a one to one match between the colors and numbers, and
they'll be in a list side by side, for reference of the validation.

Thx for any help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures