Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ronnie Ronnie is offline

Default change case

Thanks! I was trying to put it in an empty cell above, but I added a column
and was able to enter the formula in the cell next to it. And it worked! Then
I copied the formula for all the cells below that needed to be change.
--
Ronnie

"Dave F" wrote:

Well, that's how excel works.

If your data is in A1, type =PROPER(A1) in B1 then copy and paste values in
A1.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Ronnie" wrote:

I am trying to change the case on a spreadsheet from upper case to proper
case. I have used the "Proper" formula, but it is not changing the cells I
am instructing it to change. It is putting the info into another cell. If I
try to put the formula in the cell that already has the text, it deletes the
text. Can anyone shed some light? Or, is there a site with step-by-step
instructions.
--
Ronnie