Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default XL2003, how can I set the view to show only the cells with data

You can hide the rows and columns that you are not using. Imagine you
are using columns A to F - highlight column G by clicking the "G" at
the top of the column, then hold the <Shift key down and press <End
once followed by <Right-arrow then release <Shift. This will have
highlighted all the columns from G to IV, then select Format | Columns
| Hide.

Do a similar thing for the rows - if you make use of 30 rows, for
example, highlight all the rows from 31 to the bottom and hide them.

You will have a grey area outside your used range.

Hope this helps.

Pete

S Thomas wrote:
In Excel 2003, how can I set the view to show only the cells with data in
them and the rest of the spreadsheet be hidden or just show a blank area with
no cells showing?
--
S Thomas