Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Is there a way to have a excel automatically alphabetize a sheet?

I don't like things too automatic. If I make a mistake and the data sorts, it
might be difficult to find/correct the error.

If you're running xl2003, you could apply data|filter|autofilter to the range
and use the dropdown to sort by one of those fields.

I like this technique from Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

It puts rectangles over the headers and then you can click on that rectangle to
sort your data by that column.

Mzinsser wrote:

My boss would like to create a spreadsheet that will automatically
alphabetize itself. Is this possible? He wants to be able to insert data
and instead of sorting it himself, if the program would do it. Please let me
know if there is a way!
Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson