Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Dennis Paul Dennis is offline

Default Command Button Save As Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("SAVE.A

I don't want to change the dafault location for all xls files, just the one
with this button, i.e. they press the button and it shows the save as pop up
dafaulting to the directory of my choice, but just for this one xls.

The code I'm using is

Private Sub SaveForm_Click()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("SAVE.AS?()")
End Sub

and I want the default location to be "C:\Service Improvement\ToDo"

"Mallasch" wrote:

Tools -- Options -- General Tab -- Default file location:

The above is the menu option to change the default location. You have to
exit MS Excel then reopen it.

I don't see any of the code so if it is some VB code then probably use:

Sub DefaultLocation()
Dim strSaveAs As String
strSaveAs = Application.DefaultFilePath
MsgBox strSaveAs
End Sub

"Paul Dennis" wrote:

Is it possible to change this code to show which directory the SAVE.AS should
use asthe default?