Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default sort behavior in shared workbook

Hi Joe,
You could try making the top row bold or different format
from the data, though it doesn't seem to work for me very often.

A simple way would be to record a macro doing your sort and
then put it into a double-click event macro.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...g.htm#activate

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Slow Joe" <Slow wrote in message ...
I frequently need to re-sort data in a shared workbook. The DataSort button
recognizes the header row and remembers the sort order when the workbook is
not being shared but does not recognize the header row when the workbook is
shared. Nothing else has been changed except whether or not the workbook is
shared.

How can I get the wizard to recognize the header row and remember the sort
order when the workbook is shared? It used to do it but apparently I messed
with something.

Thanks