Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default indirect formula help

the formula will fail once you go past column Z.

Yes, I know. I would have dealt with it if needed.

Biff

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Biff

Just a small point.
Whilst this may well work for the OP's desired range, the formula will
fail once you go past column Z.

An alternative might be
=OFFSET(INDIRECT($A$1 & "!$A$1"),ROW(1:1),COLUMN()-1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Biff" wrote in message
Try this:

=INDIRECT($A$1 & "!" & CHAR(COLUMN()+64) & ROWS($1:2))

Biff

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
both please!

"Biff" wrote:

How do you want the A2 reference to update? By column or row or both?

Biff

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
i need to use a formula in which the variable part is the worksheet
name,
i'm
trying to use INDIRECT($A$1 & "!A2"), where the value of $A$1 is the
worksheet name, but when i copy my formula to the other cells, the A2
part
does not update

how do i make it automatically update to the current cell reference?