Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kassie kassie is offline

Default Date Wont Change in Excel??!

Right click on the cell in question. Select Fromat cells, select Custom, not
date, select dd/mm/yy, and edit it to read dd/mmm/yy

" wrote:

Hi, I have been trying to formate a list of cells to display in the
dd/mmm/yy format when you type a date in the 9/6/04 format, I have
tried applying this as a formula and also right clicking and changing
the format date to dd/mmm/yy and it wont change. In the greyed bar it
just leaves it as what ever i have typed, and if you click on different
formats in the date list it still stays the same in this bar. Any ideas?