Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
clatters69 clatters69 is offline

Default Formula dependent on a cell entry

I am setting up a grade book for test results. I have two levels of test,
Foundation and Higher, with different grade boundaries, hence different
LOOKUP formulae. I want to be able to enter either F or H in a cell and then
the formula in the cell to the right of it to change depending on whether F
or H has been entered, so that F inserts the Foundation LOOKUP formula in the
next cell and H inserts the Higher LOOKUP formula in the next cell. The same
pupil might sit a different level for a test each time, so it is not as
simple as entering a formula for a pupil and sticking to it, the formula must
change depending on the F or H entry.
Is this possible in Excel 2003?