Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Default Lookup 2 values

Hello Bob,

I feel your formula will work only if both the Trial Balances are identical
in the case of Account No. and Sub Account No at par with the rows. But it is
not so. The Sub Account No. starting with A indicates a Location Code,
which may exist in Jun-06, but may not exist in Aug-06 and vice versa. If
both the sheets are identical just a copy and paste will be enough. Thats
why I requested for a Vlookup Formula. I know how to put a Vlookup formula
for a single value, but I dont know for two values. Anyways, If you wish to
help me, can I send you the file?

Thank you very much Bob.

Regards,

Jaleel

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Jaleel,

That is how I originally read it, and what I think my formula does. It needs
to be adjusted to your ranges, have you done that, and what did you get?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jaleel" wrote in message

Thanks for your help. But both the formulas did not yield the result I
wanted. I should have explained better.

I have 2 sheets, Jun-06 and Aug-06 containing Account No., Sub Account No.
and Ending Balance in 3 columns A, B and C respectively. Our Auditors

want
to make a comparison of the Ending Balances of both the months. So I

wished
to bring the Ending Balance of Jun-06 (the range I named as Jun) to

Aug-06.
In one Account No. there will be different Sub Account Nos. The data in
Jun-06 is like this:

Account Subaccount Ending Balance
118102 A29999 122608.88
118102 LAD094 7309.25
121501 A21015 12525.3
121501 A21020 1035.6
121501 A21031 2761.9
121501 A23004 575
121501 A23006 119
121501 A23007 150
121800 B10003 755.65
121800 B10009 3081
121800 Q10001 3286.69
121811 0 20504.05
121811 A23060 81615.57
121812 A23028 2950
121812 A23032 2950
121812 A23060 151867.96
121812 A23061 76227.5

I wish to bring this Ending Balance to Column D of the Sheet Aug-06. I

hope
the issue is clear now. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Jaleel

"Jaleel" wrote:

Can anybody help me with a formula to lookup 2 values simultaneously

like
Account No. and Sub Account No.?

Thanks in advance.

Jaleel