Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default crop spreadsheet

Two question here.

1. This particular code is workbook event code.

Right-click on the Excel icon left of "File" on main menu and select "View Code"

Copy/paste the scrollarea code in there.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:AG50"
'note the change in range to accomodate your range of A1:AG50
End Sub

NOTE also......if macros are disabled on opening, this code is useless.

2. To SUM a range select the range first or write a formula in the cell you
want the SUM to appear.

In your case in AG1 enter =SUM(A1:AF1)

You can drag/copy that down Column AG as far as you want.

It will SUM each row.

Gord

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:36:02 -0700, Adelaide Ruble
wrote:

Gord:
Over the last couple of weeks, your answer is the closest that I have comne
to resolving this similar issue. But I have some questions.

Where do you insert code?

*When you click on a row for all figures in that row to be added, the sum is
posted in the last cell of that row, regardless of where I want it be. I only
want to go as far as AF. I want the sum in AG. So far, I only get the sum
posted in IV. How can I define the area that I want to use and get excel to
only use that area, as well.

Again, I want the sum in AG not in IV

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

bek

Select all columns right of F and FormatColumnHide.

Same for rows below your data.

OR FormatCellsPatterns. Pick a nice gray color.

Alternative to the above........

Set the Scroll Area so's no one can move out of the area you designate.

Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the
activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened.

Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and
specify which worksheet.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:F50"
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:29:09 -0800, bekwud
wrote:

i have created a spreadsheet which only uses columns a-f. i would like to
crop this area or remove g onwards so g onwards is completely blank or a grey
area. any ideas? i can't find anything in the search for help database b ut i
know it can be done as i have seen other workbooks the same. thanx for your
time if you reply i appreciate it :O)