Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Selection problem with recorder

Range(Cells(1,1),Cells(1,"IV").End(xltoLeft)).Sele ct

Tom Ogilvy

"Brian" wrote in message
My data distribution looks like this:

Col1 Col2 Col3 -------- Col20 Col21 Col22 Col23
data1 data3 -------- data20 data23

Using the Macro recorder , I selected data1 to data23, by pressing
Ctrl-Shift and the right pointing arrow (=) three times. The relevent
codes generated are as follows:

Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select

However, when I executed them, Excel carried out the first line correctly
but stepped over the last two lines without carrying them out. What's
wrong?
There will always be 3 blank columns, but more columns will be added after
Col20 to accept more data. Hence, Range("A1:W1").Select can't be used. Any
suggestion is much appreciated.

Brian