Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default Extended System Info

In , Bob Phillips
spake thusly:

You need to create a sub, or a function and add it there. These
go into a standard code module, InsertModule in the VBIDE.

Whether it is a sub or a function depends upon how you want to
get the results.

Bob, I know we're close and I really appreciate the help. I just
don't know much of any VBA stuff and can't get this to work without
a full example. I've tried for quite some time now, including
with various websearch hints, but can't quite make it work.
Can you nudge me just a little bit more in the right direction?

You're putting the quotation of the previous article after your
..sig block, which is making my newsreader disregard that text when
I follow up -- sorry. But of course the prior article references
are all still here right now.

(I'm used to reading news in a Unix world, which I've been
doing for about 16 years now. And try as I might, I cannot
get used to the top-posting in this group. Oh, well. Not
to worry, I also own a fair bit of Microsoft stock.) ;-)