Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Concatenating a Text and a Date without losing orginal Date Format

Tori,

Another solution is to leave the date in the original cell by itself, and
add your text with custom formatting. Format - Cells - Number - Custom tab:

"The date is" mm/dd/yy "per se"

Include the quote marks. Change the mmddyy codes as needed for the date
formatting you want to see. The text will appear in the cell, but the cell
will actually contain only the date. So any formulas that refer to the cell
will get the date only.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Hi_no_Tori" wrote in message
When I concatenate a text and a date in Excel, the date is converted
automatically to a number... Is there anything I can do in order to
concatenate a text and a date without losing the original formatting of
the
date?