Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Concatenating a Text and a Date without losing orginal Date Format

Convert the date to text using the TEXT function.

If the date is in A1 you could use any one of the following:

=TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy")
=TEXT(A1,"dddd, mmmm d,yyyy")

"mm/dd/yyyy" produces a text date that looks like 01/01/2003
"dddd, mmmm d,yyyy" produces a text date that looks like Sunday, September
17, 2006

There are additional formatting masks that you can use to produce dates in
the format you wish.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Hi_no_Tori" wrote:

When I concatenate a text and a date in Excel, the date is converted
automatically to a number... Is there anything I can do in order to
concatenate a text and a date without losing the original formatting of the
date?