Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dre Dre is offline

Default Help with Excel

There are 100 students and their grades are calculated by (example:
factor (5.9) x score (3). The factors range from 5.9 to 6.9 and the
score from 1-5. The factor could be based on analytical writing,
Quantative, Verbal, so on. There must be a way to calculate these
scores with a lookup function instead of typing in a formula like the
example above.

Another example: Quantative factor: 6.1, student score 4 (6.1x4).
There are 10 factors total and the percentages change for each.

Ideally, I would like to type in the score and excel calculate the
factor and give me the overall percentage for that test question.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Dre