Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RzB RzB is offline

Default Creating summary table from detail table

Using Win XP and Excel 2002

This is a simplification of a problem that I'm trying to solve...

I have a Detail Table as shown in ...

www.gillandroy.com/odds/excel/summarytable

from this table I want to create a Summary Table - also shown
in the above link.

The Detail Table is actually created line by line from some
Access VBA and can contain a variable numbers of lines.
There may be a varying number of distinct instances of text in
the first column, hence a varying number of lines in the Summary
Table.

I was hoping to use the internal power of Excel to create the
Summary Table. Is this going to be possible or am I going to
have to do this from the Access VBA?

Many thanks,
Roy