doco

Yes, I am sure. I am not referring to entries to the page area. I have
done a number of things including completely rebuilding the entire workbook
without success. I simply cannot uncheck any of the checkboxes either on
columns or rows on either the table or any charts created from tables. I
saved the file to a ram drive and took it to my office computer and tried it
there and it works fine; I tried it on my laptop and it doesn't work there
either. Evidently there is something about my home system(s) it doesn't
like and it's really beginning to **** me off! hehehe

Using Office 2000 Premium on Windows XP sp2 on all three systems.

Thanks
doco

"Gregg Riemer" wrote in message
You can't uncheck a page field, but you should be able to uncheck a column
field.
Are you sure you dragged 'category' to the column area and not the page
area?

"doco" wrote:

I have a data table listing various attributes (columns) of sale items
(rows). I have created a pivot table on this array. In the pivot table
have asked for row data on 'size' and column data on 'category' then data
on
average of 'price'. All works fine except when selecting the drop down
on
'category' I cannot UNCHECK items in the resulting listbox. This happens
periodically with any PivotTable I make and seems to be no ryme or reason
behind this frustrating fallderall!

Under 'Table Options' the 'Enable Drilldown' checkbox is checked...

Any suggestions as to a configuration I have missed or ??? would be
greatly
appreciated.

TIA
doco