Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JC JC is offline

Default How do I quadruple numbers starting with 1, 2?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:14:53 +0100, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

"frenchy" wrote in message
How do I quadruple numbers after I start with 1 and then 2 to come
up with 4, 8, etc.?

Hi

And how does your solution fit the OP's requirement of a going in a
series 1, 2, 4, 8?
Your solution produces 4, 8, 12, 16.

Looking at the series posted, I thought (erroneously) the OP had used
the wrong term and I suggested raising 2 to the power of 3, not the
power of 4

Luckily, Gord has posted the correct solution.

Roger

Try READING his question again. He asks how does he start with 1, 2 etc to
come up with results of 4, 8 etc.

He is NOT asking for a series 1, 2, 4, 8....

I'll admit that the question could have been phrased better but it is still
clear enough. Please allow for the fact that English is probably a second
language for him given his name.
--

Cheers . . . JC