Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Select NON blank cells

Went ahead and modified it to do Rows if that's what you want, also cleaned
up the Columns version - amazed that it worked! But it managed to ignore my
error in coding somehow. One of these two should do what you want:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
'hide empty cells on same row that double-click was in
Dim thisRow As String

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub ' only on single cell select
End If
Application.EnableEvents = False
Cancel = True
thisRow = Target.Row & ":" & Target.Row
Rows(thisRow).Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Range(thisRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Sele ct
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

or for columns (corrected code)

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
'hide empty cells in same COLUMN that double-click was in
Dim thisColumn As String

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub ' only on single cell select
End If
Application.EnableEvents = False
Cancel = True
thisColumn = Left(Target.Address, InStr(2, Target.Address, "$") - 1) _
& ":" & Left(Target.Address, InStr(2, Target.Address, "$") - 1)
Columns(thisColumn).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
Range(thisColumn).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).S elect
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

"pcor" wrote:

I want to click on a cell and have only the cells that contain data in that
colum to be visible.(Lets assume I click in cell b5, then I want only the non
blank cells in col 5 to be visible)(ie the same as using "SELECT all NON
BLANK cells)
But I want a macro to do this. Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Ian