Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default If I have date, can excel calculate the day for me?

I just discovered this website and it is wonderful
as I got my answer in less than 2 hours.

Response time in these groups is measured in minutes, not hours! Although
there is the occasional stumper or poorly worded post that no one can
understand.

Biff

"Swanav" wrote in message
Thanks a bunch! I just did it and it worked great. I just discovered
this
website and it is wonderful as I got my answer in less than 2 hours.
Thanks
again.

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Swanav,

Say your date is in A1 then in B1 put =WEEKDAY(A1)
This will return a number from 1 to 7, 1 being Sunday
and 7 being Saturday.

If you want it to show the actual day then format B1 as
custom dddd

There are a few other options that you will find in the help file.

HTH
Martin