Gordon

Zokess wrote:
Is there an easy method to automatically highlight all
references to a given cell throughout a workbook. I have
a workbook for part numbers. I have two master parts
lists on two diffrent pages. The major assembly parts
pages are populated through references to cells on one of
the two major parts pages. 3 of 5 columns were sorted,
unfortunately the 5th column needed to be sorted as well
because it tracks the quantity of a given part used
throughout the rest of my workbook. Instead of doing
going through and finding each reference manually...and
missing a lot I am sure....is there a way to hightlight a
cell on the master parts list and have excel
automatically highlight or otherwise indicate which cells
on other pages are populated by the orignating cell?

Tools-Formula Auditing-Trace Dependents.
Double click on the line between the cell and the "external" box will
give you a list of the dependent cells.

HTH

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and