Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default formula question

=--SUBSTITUTE(B1,"Avg $ per week is: ","")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave F" wrote in message
Is there a way to de-concatenate a concatenated string of text?

I have the following formula, =CONCATENATE("Avg $ per week is:
",DOLLAR((N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0"))))

And I would like to extract from that text string the numerical value used
in the nested function N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0"). Is there a way to do

this?

(Yes, I could simply recalculate N2/COUNTIF(M14:M167,"0") elsewhere in

the
spreadsheet, but it would be so much cooler if I could somehow isolate

that
calculation from the concatenation above.)
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.