Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default formula

My Apologies, you're quire right. I've got a good memory - it just short
that all <g

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Dave F" wrote in message
Yes it would return 0 if a 0 is in that range.

But that's what the original poster asked for.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

MyVeryOwnSelf

One way:
=IF(PRODUCT(Z6:AE6)=0,0,AVERAGE(Z6:AE6))

Won't that return zero if there is a zero anywhere in Z6:AE6?

Perhaps:

=IF(SUM(Z6:AE6)=0,0,AVERAGE(Z6:AE6))

or

=IF(SUM(Z6:AE6),AVERAGE(Z6:AE6),0)

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where, cell U6 is an average of Z6-AE6. i also
need U6 to =0 if any cell within Z6 - AE6 is a 0. ...

One way:
=IF(PRODUCT(Z6:AE6)=0,0,AVERAGE(Z6:AE6))

Caution: an empty cell doesn't count as zero with this formula. Neither
does text.