Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkT MarkT is offline

Default Automatically save a file in another directory

Greetings:

I am hoping someone will help me out with a problem that I am currently
having.

Users all share a common spreadsheet that I have created. I have placed
this spreadsheet in their own sub directory on our server (windows server
2000). I would like the ability to automatically have them save this file,
after they have made their changes, into a different directory on the server.
We are all running Excel 2003. This is a quote form that the users create
for our customers. When finished, they either save the form (replacing my
template), or save it somewhere where later they can't find it. Secondly,
our customer service people also need to reference this quote form. Having a
directory where all of these individual quote forms saved would help us out
tremendously. As easy as it is, they just cant seem to be able to work with
the "save as" function. I know, it's frustrating....

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Mark