Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I eliminate the green triangle throughout my spreadsheet?

If this is in a range of numerics that Excel thinks are text...............

Format all to General.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the cells with the green triangles and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:01:01 -0700, Patrick Traynor
wrote:

Currently I select a column and then chose "Text to Columns" then "Finish"
and the green triangle will vanish from cells within this column. I know
there is a way to copy a cell with the correct format and paste this format
to all selected cells using paste special but when I do this, the cell
contents are replaced by the contents of the copied cell.

Again, I know there is a simple way to get rid of the green triangles.
Someone showed me how to do this one time but I no longer am able to do this.