Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jclarke@amcoup.com is offline

Default ascii conversion

I have a someone sending me information with account numbers in it (a
simple example: 143). What I need to do is convert that to ASCII.
When I use the Excel conversion, it only converts the first number. I
need it to convert all 3 and display them in a continuous string, in
this case being 495251. Right now, Excel is only displaying 49,
representing only the first character of the account number.

JLGWhiz wrote:
Could you post an example of what your are doing?

" wrote:

I am trying to do an ASCII conversion of a string of 11 numeric
characters into 22 numeric characters. When I use the conversion in
Excel, it only converts the 1st character in the string. Is there a
way to have it convert all 11 characters into one string of 22
characters?