Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Pivot Table - hide if no data

Why don't you link via MS Query and preset your criteria, or link to a query
in Access that has your required criteria. It sounds to me like you're
getting all the rows returned.
--
Kevin Backmann

"SusanJane sjl" wrote:

My pivot table layout looks at only some of the fields in an underlying
Access table. I'd like see only the rows that have data in these fields.

Ex: I want to see customer, product, current year sales, gross profit. My
underlying data also includes prior year spending. I don't want to see a row
for a customer that has only prior year spending. That isn't in my layout &
I don't want the pivot table junked up with this data.

Any suggestions