Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TammyS TammyS is offline

Default Information changes daily

We have four shifts that rotate between days, swing, and graveyard. There is
always one shift off. We also make a variety of products and lengths (each
day the production schedule changes). Right now, I manually fill out a punch
sheet representing the day's production and I am trying to put the punch
sheet into Excel and have the information transfer from three worksheets.
The problem I have is that I allotted 15 lines per shift just in case there
are many change overs, but sometimes only a couple of lines are used and I
have to hide all the blank lines. Can Excel skip over the blank lines and
find the next line with information?

For instance:
D1=A1 but if A1 is blank, D1=A2 and so on.

Thanks.