Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anita anita is offline

Default Active range/selection?

Hi Richard,

Yes, that could be it. I the meanwhile I have found another solution,
see below. I have use activewindow.rangeselection.address and it works.
Thanks for your support and the time you've been putting in it.

Sub oke()
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+e

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Unprotect ("x")
a = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address
Range("C13").Select
Set d = Range(a)

For Each c In d
If c.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlContinuous And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeTop).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeTop).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlContinuous And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineStyle = xlContinuous And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeRight).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Locked = False And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeRight).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic Then
c.Value = 1
End If
Next c
ActiveSheet.Protect ("x")
MsgBox ("Finished")
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Greetings anita

Richard Buttrey schreef:

Assuming all the line formatting is set as per the macro parameters,
then that suggests that the first cell is the only one which is
unlocked.

Check the others, (Format--Cells Protection Tab) and confirm that
they are all unlocked and if so post back. Otherwise the macro would
appear to be working correctly, i.e only setting a '1' for the only
cell which is unlocked.

HTH

On 15 Sep 2006 05:37:46 -0700, "anita" wrote:

Hi Roger and Richard,

Thank you both for the quick respons. In my macro it doens't really
work as I hoped it to be. When I run this macro he only activates the
first cell and fills in a 1 if it has the beneath conditions. Maybe I'm
doing something wrong. Below is my macro:

Sub oke()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Unprotect ("arnhem12")

Set d = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion

For Each c In d
If c.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlContinuous And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeTop).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeTop).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlContinuous And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineStyle = xlContinuous And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeRight).Weight = xlThin And _
c.Locked = False And _
c.Borders(xlEdgeRight).ColorIndex = xlAutomatic Then
c.Value = 1
End If
Next c
ActiveSheet.Protect ("arnhem12")
MsgBox ("Finished")
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Greetings anita

Roger Govier schreef:

Sorry

That "-" was meant to be an "="

set dd = activecell.currentregion

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Anita

I think you need something like
set dd - activecell.currentregion

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"anita" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

I would like to have a macro which picks up my selected range in a
workbook, similair to the activecell. So when I select a range in my
workbook, it will be set as range in my macro.

I've tried active.range but this doens't work (something like this:
Set
dd = Active.Range). I can't find it in the list properties/methods in
vba.
Could somebody help me?
Thanks in advance.

__