Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default highlight formulas

A:J is 10 columns, not 6. If you have 6 columns of scores starting with A,
then your range is A:F, the 7th summary column is G.
Use conditional formatting for range A1:F1!

Select this range
Format/Conditional formatting/Choose Formula as condition/Enter this formula:

=OR(A1=MAX($A$1:$F$1),A1=MIN($A$1:$F$1))

Choose a pattern

Regards,
Stefi

ezt *rta:

I'm using a worksheet where I have 7 columns, of the 7, six of the columns
have scores where I'm using the formula =sum(a1:j1)-max(a1:j1)-min(a1:j1) to
eliminate the high and low and put the total of the remaining four in the 7th
column. My question is, how can I format the cells so that it will highlight
the "high and low" scores that are being eliminated?