Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Roger B. Roger B. is offline

Default Formating textbox on a chart

Jon, thanks so much for your update. It was very helpful. There is only
one problem: I can't get the "Format Cells, Number" when working in the
TextBox. Instead I get "Format TextBox" but can't find the numbers. Also
looked at your website but couldn't find the cure.
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Roger

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
You can just select the textbox and select Bold.

You don't need the IF to get conditional formatting or your dollar format.
The cell just needs this formula

=ROUND(NewProfit,-2)

(FIXED results in text, not a number) and a custom number format of

[blue]$#,##0;[red]$-#,##0;$0;@

Link the textbox to the cell, and apply the same number format to the
textbox.

More on number formats:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Roger B." wrote in message
I have a dollar amount created with the formula
=IF(NewProfit<0,"$"&FIXED(-NewProfit,-2),"$"&FIXED(NewProfit,-2)) in an
Excel spreadsheet which is linked to a textbox on a chart.

I would like to format the numbers in the chart 1) Bold and 2) Blue when
positive and Red when negative.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated,

Roger