Javier

Default How to protect the query use for a Pivot that uses 'Get External D

I'm geting external data for a Pivot Table using the 'Get External Data'
option, this works fine and retrieves the information from a SQL 2000
database view.

In order to don't retrieve "all" the records, I use a filter (ie. where
Company equal to Microsoft), that way the User only sees that amount of data
that he is supposed to see.

The problem I have is that a power User that knows excel will be able to
edit/remove that filter and see "all" data.

Of course I can create different database views (ie. one for each filter)
and apply proper access rights to that view (ie. trusted connection) to the
proper User.

But that means high maintenance.

Is there a way to password protect (or something like that) the actual
query/filter so no power User can see/change it ?

Or is there another way that you can suggest to approach this problem.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Javier