Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Current Directory

That will actually tell you the name of drive/path/filename/sheet name that was
active when excel last calculated.

In this case, you'd want to specify a range:

=cell("Filename",a1)

===========
In code, you could use:

msgbox activeworkbook.path

Dave F wrote:

=CELL("filename") will return the file's directory path.

Keep the quotes and filename. Odd function but it gives you the info you
need.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Mallasch" wrote:

I am writing a Macro that does some stuff then saves the file as "NAME.txt"
but the directory that I am will change with each new file. How do I grab
the directory of the active workbook? I can grab the full file path
(ActiveWorkbook.FullName) but I can not convert this to the directory. Any
help?

--

Dave Peterson