Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:39:21 -0500, "Jim Rech" wrote:

I'd start trouble shooting by eliminating all auto-opening workbooks and
add-ins. That would entail unchecking everything under Tools, Add-ins and
by removing all workbooks in your XLSTART folders (there are 2). Also the
folder (if any) indicated under Tools, Options, General, "At Startup Open
All Files In".

Jim,

Thank you for that guidance. I seem to have corrected the problem.

As near as I can tell, the workbook being referenced is Analysis Tookpak-VBA.
It is being referenced by my own add-in (Ron.XLA). However, there is nothing
within Ron.XLA that would be trying to close any workbook.

However, this error message appears to be sensitive to the order in which I
check the add-ins in Excel.

I seemed to have corrected the problem by disabling all add-ins; closing and
opening Excel; enabling ATB-VBA; close and open Excel; then enable the other
add-ins which I use.

Doing things in an order which does not include enabling ATP-VBA first results
in the error message. But there are too many variables to sort out just now
(including the fact that Norton scans these add-ins for virii before they run).

In any event, thank you again for the pointer, and things seem to be working OK
again. Now I can go back to real work :-).

Best,

--ron