Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
charles charles is offline

Default Index/ Match enhancement needed

have 4000 rows of employees and 81 columns of months - Jan 00 to Sep 06
range - in Columns D:CE. In the columns are records of changes in salary,
these are random as employees start in different month and receive increases
in different months. I need to calculate the percentage increase for each
entry. If there is an increase in the last column (Sep 06) I can use this
formula successfully:
=(+CF3-INDEX(D3:CE3,1,(MATCH(CF3,D3:CE3,1))))/INDEX(D3:CE3,1,(MATCH(CF3,D3:CE3,1))).

I need help in making this a dynamic calculation to look back along the row,
find the latest salary store that and then find the previous salary to
calculate the increase. The next formula must take the previous salary and
make it "latest" to repeat the process back down the row.

The results can be in successive columns after Column CE or I can insert a
new column after each month.