Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting for and adding thousandths of a second

Colons help to define the fields and avoid confusion. You can set up custom
formatting that will allow you to work in thousandths of a sec:

hh:mm:ss.000 with more than necessary precision:
formatted general
01:00:00.000 0.041666666667
00:01:00.000 0.000694444444
00:00:01.000 0.000011574074
00:00:00.100 0.000001157407
00:00:00.010 0.000000115741
00:00:00.001 0.000000011574

--
Gary''s Student

"John Kaurloto" wrote:

To the group:

Are there any means of formatting cells to include thousandths of seconds?
And then Summing those times?

I know hh:mm:ss - standard time formatting. This adds perfectly, but I am
in need of a time entry of
Hours, Minutes, Seconds, tenths, hundredths, thousandths of seconds.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you, most kindly.

John