Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tricky Tricky is offline

Default Can I filter a row depending on the colour that I've highlighted it with?

Bob,

Thanks for that... I'm going to need to sit down and decipher your
response to be honest, but thanks in advance of it working!!

Bob Umlas wrote:
If you're talking about FONT color:
If your data is in A1:E100 and the column you want to test is D, you can
select F1, then define a name, say Color, to be =Get.Cell(24,Sheet1!D1)
(make sure the D1 is relative (No "$"). Then in F1 enter =Color and fill
down. this will return a value from 0-16 (so really fancy colors may not
work here) and you can filter by this column.
If you're talking about PATTERN color, use =Get.Cell(38,Sheet1!D1)

"Tricky" wrote in message
oups.com...
That's the question really....

Can I filter a row depending on the colour that I've highlighted it
with?

I have a spreadsheet with lots of different highlighted fields in rows.
I want to be able to filter out all but one colour for example?

Any ideas?

Thanks.