Gordon

jtinne wrote:
I'm needing to be able to perform this using a formula. Vlookup,hlookup, etc
do not allow you to search through multiple worksheets.

"doco" wrote:

There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of
the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the
menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of
that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for
reference or ???, then there are several functions in Excel that will allow
for this. Such as but not limited to VLookup, HLookup, Index, Match, etc.

doco

"jtinne" wrote in message

Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value?
Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before.
If
anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to
perform
that can search multiple worksheets.

Thank You

You could POSSIBLY use something like
"IF(VLOOKUP(Sheet1)=x,VLOOKUP(sheet2)) but you can only have an either
or in an IF statement and to nest many of those would get VERY complicated.

Can you not copy all the data onto one sheet?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and