Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy - PEAK ASSIST Sandy - PEAK ASSIST is offline

Default Looking for a formula to calculate date intervals

Thanks Max!!!! I knew it could be done, just had to ask the right person!!
I really do appreciate your help and examples!!!!

Have a great day!

Sandy

"Max" wrote:

.. Start with Oct. 9, 2006 in one cell. Now I need to calculate 6
months before that date in another cell, then 3 months in another,
then 2 weeks in another and so on.

Assume source date in A1, try these, using DATE:

6 months earlier:
In B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-6,DAY(A1))

3 months earlier:
In C1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,DAY(A1))

2 weeks earlier (ie 14 days earlier):
In D1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-14)

--
Max
Singapore
"Sandy - PEAK ASSIST" wrote:
I am not very good at complex formulas and need to figure out a way to
calculate date intervals, say 6 months before a certain date and 2 weeks
before that date, etc.

Example: Start with Oct. 9, 2006 in one cell. Now I need to calculate 6
months before that date in another cell, then 3 months in another, then 2
weeks in another and so on. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm on Excel
2003 and looked at the "date" formulas and just can't seem to figure out how
to get what I need.

Thanks for your help in advance!