Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] nomail1983@hotmail.com is offline

Default How to sort data with off-sheet dependents?

I have a workbook with two worksheets, one called "Summary", the other
with the raw data. The "Summary" worksheet refers to cells in the "raw
data" worksheet. To my surprise, when I sorted blocks of data in the
"raw data" worksheet, the relative references in the "Summary"
worksheet were not updated.

First, is that an Excel defect, or did I do something wrong, or are my
expectations misplaced?

If it is a known defect, has it been fixed? I am using Office Excel
2003 (11.8033.8036) SP2.

Second, is there a simple way that I can set up the references in the
"Summary" worksheet so that they track movement of the cells in the
"raw data" worksheet -- especially, sorting?

(They do track simple movements, e.g. when rows and columns are
inserted, and even when cells are moved individually.)