Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Cox David Cox is offline

Default Excel 2007 Beta 2 chart problems

might help

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office....mspx?mfr=true

or (same)

http://tinyurl.com/k3hp6

"Graham F" wrote in message
When I run the macro shown below on a worksheet with columns of data (with
column headings in row 1) I get some unusual results in Excel 2007 Beta 2
(different from Excel 97-2003). In Excel 97-2003, the Chart has 0 series
before SeriesCollection.Add and 1 Series after SeriesCollection.Add. In
Excel 2007, the Chart sometimes has multiple series before
SeriesCollection.Add and one additional series after SeriesCollection.Add;
it
seems to depend on which cell has focus when the macro is run. Similarly
for
xlXYScatterLines charts where the Source is the Union of two column
ranges.
There may be other problems in Excel 2007 with chart-generating macros
that
work in Excel 97-2003. For example, with "real" data, I get a "Microsoft
Visual Basic "Run-time error '5'", "Invalid procedure call or argument""
error on SeriesCollection.Add calls. I have not been able to determine if
this is a side-effect of the problem described above or a different
problem.

Is this a known problem area in Excel 2007, or should I expect to have to
change macro code to work with Excel 2007? I there an update to Excel
2007
Beta 2 that might resolve these problems?

Graham

Sub TestLineChart()
Dim ch As Chart
Dim rng As Range

Set ch = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add(100, 100, 200, 200).Chart
ch.ChartType = xlLine
MsgBox "# series before SeriesCollection.Add: " &
ch.SeriesCollection.Count
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A6")
ch.SeriesCollection.Add Source:=rng, SeriesLabels:=True
MsgBox "# series after SeriesCollection.Add: " &
ch.SeriesCollection.Count
End Sub