Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default How do you drop the line in a line graph?

Suppose you have Jan thru Dec in A1:A12 and values in B1:B8 (Jan to Aug).
Fill B8:B12 with =NA() -this shows as #N/A- and make the chart using A1:B12
The N/A values are ignored by Excel's chart. As you add new values they will
appear on the chart

OR make a dynamic chart; see
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"LisaM" wrote in message
Line graph for actual goal from January through August--the line graph for
Sept-Dec follows the formula for August. I would like the line graph to
stop
at August--and only appear as I put the actual date in for each month.
Can
this be done??????