Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Problem Importing Fixed Width Data

What column is the data in?
Can the number of sets vary or is it always 700?
What is the first row of actual data? Does that vary?
Are there always four rows of data from each set? Or is it based on the
leading label?
Is there a header row?
Is/are there a/many blank row(s) separating the data sets? If so, how many?
Are there always 7 numbers in each of the scores?
How many spaces between numbers? Are they really spaces or another ASCII
character?

Post back with the answers, and I will whip you up a quicky macro that will
put your data in order... or maybe request a file that you could send to
me....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a data set of about 700 entries from an old Pascal program that
was exported to a text file in this fomat:

ID # : 10106
Sex : Female
Raw Scores : 1 4 1 0 3 6 3
T Scores : 53 114 65 43 64 83 42

I need the headers to be ID#, Sex, Raw Scores 1-7 and T Scores 1-7 and
then to pick up the data and place it in the appropriate cell. Since
the format is inverted, Excel cannot import is correctly. Is there a
script that will accomplish this?

Thank you for your help!!