Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I force trailing zeros in an Excel cell?

Tony

Do not re-format after the fact.

Pre-format the receiving cells to Text prior to making the paste.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:16:02 -0700, Tony C
wrote:

I have done that already, and my message says that if I convert to text I
loose the trailing zero. I need to keep the trailing zero.. Any other thoughts

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Gives these cells a Text format - the values are not numbers just a string
of digits.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Tony C" <Tony wrote in message
My accounting people have set up an excel spread sheet. woth part numbers.
Many of them end in a "0". Ex; 2211.11520
and if you click on a cell with a number ending in 0 , the zero goes away
on
the edit line.
When I copy and past this numeric column into other Excels or import into
other applications the Trailing 0 is gone. Any one out there know a way I
can
convert or format or save this column and it will keep the trailing zeros,
Note: when I convert the column from a number to text the trailing zeros
drop off.
Help!